The latest publication from OBserving Law - the IALS Open Book service for Law in the Humanities Digital Library is an up-to-date edition of Electronic Evidence edited by Stephen Mason and Daniel Seng with a team of specialist contributors.
Edited by Stephen Mason and Daniel Seng
Available now from OBserving Law in the Humanities Digital Library
In this updated edition of the well-established practitioner text, Stephen Mason and Daniel Seng have brought together a team of experts in the field to provide an exhaustive treatment of electronic evidence. This fourth edition continues to follow the tradition in English evidence text books by basing the text on the law of England and Wales, with appropriate citations of relevant case law and legislation from other jurisdictions.
- The sources of electronic evidence (George R.S. Weir and Stephen Mason)
- The characteristics of electronic evidence (Burkhard Schafer and Stephen Mason)
- The foundations of evidence in electronic form (Stephen Mason and Daniel Seng)
- Hearsay (Chris Gallavin and Stephen Mason)
- Software code as the witness (Stephen Mason)
- The presumption that computers are ‘reliable’ (Stephen Mason)
- Authenticating electronic evidence (Stephen Mason and Allison Stanfield)
- Encrypted data (Stephen Mason and Alisdair Gillespie)
- Proof: the technical collection and examination of electronic evidence (Stephen Mason, Andrew Sheldon and Hein Dries)
- Competence of witnesses (Stephen Mason)
ISBN 978-1-911507-07-9 Open Access PDF version in the Humanities Digital Library
ISBN 978-1-911507-05-5 (hardback edition) £60 - Order online
ISBN 978-1-911507-09-3 (paperback edition) £40 - Order online
ISBN 978-1-911507-08-6 (epub version) £20 - Order online
ISBN 978-1-911507-06-2 (Kindle version) £20 - Order online
This book is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-
NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license
01010011 01110100 01100101 01110000 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01001101 01100001 01110011 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01000100 01100001 01101110 01101001 01100101 01101100 00100000 01010011 01100101 01101110 01100111
More about OBserving Law ...