Associate Research Fellow
B.C.L. (Oxon); LL.B. (Hons.)(Sydney); B.Ec. (Sydney)
- UK human rights law
- European human rights law
- The protection of human rights at the national level through law
- The relationship between national and international human rights law
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Expert, Britain in Europe
- Treasurer, UK Constitutional Law Association
- Academic Friend, United Nations Human Rights Council Advisory Committee
- “The Value of the European Court of Human Rights to the United Kingdom” (2017) 28 European Journal of International Law 763-785.
- “The influence of British courts on the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights” in R. McCorquodale and J. Gauci (Eds.) British Influences on International Law 1915-2015 (London: BRILL, 2016).
- “An unprincipled mess: party anonymity in legal proceedings in the United Kingdom” in A. Koltay (Ed.) Comparative Perspectives on Freedom of Expression (Budapest: Wolters Kluwer, 2016).
- “Damages for violations of human rights law in the United Kingdom” in E. Bagińska (Ed.) Damages for Violations of Human Rights – A Comparative Study of Domestic Legal Systems (Warsaw: Springer, 2016).
- “The Second Division in Human Rights Adjudication: Social Rights Claims under the Human Rights Act 1998” (2015) 15 Human Rights Law Review 549-568.
- Human Rights Law Second Edition (Oxford: Hart, 2014).