Associate Research Fellow
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 020 7862 5800
Master of Arts (History), Master of Library & Information Science, Bachelor of Laws
Law Librarianship; Legal Research; Comparative Law & Legal Information Management
Additional Professional Information:
Career History Highlights
- Librarian, R.N. Shah High School, Mumbai, 1992-1995
- Librarian, Kamla Raheja Institute for Architecture & Environmental Studies, Mumbai, 1995-1997
- Librarian, Judges Library, Bombay High Court, Mumbai, 1998-2000
- Chief Librarian, Judges Library, Bombay High Court, Mumbai 2000 till date
Professional Committee Posts Held
- Nominated to the Board of International Association of Law Libraries (IALL) for the period of 2007-2010
- Invited by the U.S. Department of State to participate in the Individual International Visitor Programme in June-July 2003. This visit helped in gaining knowledge about American Culture, Library Systems and the Technological Development in the U.S.
- Awarded Professional Development Bursary by International Association of Law Libraries to attend their 23rd Annual Course in International Law Librarianship in August, 2004 at Helsinki, Finland.
- Awarded Commonwealth Professional Development Fellowship tenable at Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London between January 6, 2006 and April 5, 2006.
- Appointed as Visiting Fellow in Law Librarianship by Institute of Advanced Legal studies, University of London for the period of Commonwealth Fellowship.
- Awarded a Research Grant of Max Planck Society Hamburg, Germany for bibliographic research for a month in May 2009 at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and Private International Law. The two research topics were:
This is available online in the website of International Association of Law Libraries.
- Basic Indian Legal Literature for Foreign Legal Professionals.
- Basic Legal Literature of Select European Countries for Indian Legal Professionals.
- Rights guaranteed by the Constitution of India and protected by the Courts [in Russian] in Novaya Justitsiya 2009, no.2, pp.117-121
- Basic Legal Literature of Selected European Countries for Indian Legal Professionals. This is available online in the website of International Association of Law Libraries at: http://iall.org/pubs/Narayan-EU_LEGAL_LITERATURE.pdf
- Sources of Indian Legal Information in Legal Information Management, Volume 7 Issue 02 pp. 133-139. Published online by Cambridge University Press 12 June 2007
Latest Publications in SAS-Space for Uma
Narayan, Uma (2006) IALS Library research guide: India. [Guide or Manual]
Academic Staff and Fellows - A-Z list - Search by Last Name