Established in 2004, the Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review brings articles, legal developments and case reports to academics, practitioners and the industry in relation to digital evidence and electronic signatures from across the world. The review also seeks to include reports on technical advances and book reviews, and is issued once a year, in October/November with advance access articles available during the year.
This Open Access version of Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review has been developed by Stephen Mason (founder, publisher and general editor) with the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS) on the School of Advanced Study's Open Journals System - further raising the visibility and accessibility of the journal and its contents.
The Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review is now an online open access journal, freely available without subscription. Through SAS OJS we are able to provide free online access to all the back issues for legal researchers, support the publication of publicly available future issues and help stimulate new areas of legal discussion and scholarship. The full back run of volumes is now publicly available on the service.
Volume 15: 2018 - Advance Access Articles
- The responsible use of technological power - Professor Marco Doldi
- Misunderstanding IT: Hospital cybersecurity and IT problems reach the courts - Harold Thimbleby
- Autonomous vehicles – who will be liable for accidents? – Roger Kemp
- The admissibility and authentication of digital evidence in Zanzibar under the new Evidence Act - Alex B. Makulilo
Volume 14: 2017, the latest edition of Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review is available in SAS Open Journals.
Up-to-date articles covering electronic evidence and electronic signature issues in several jurisdictions and in international contexts
Translations of important recent cases in the field, translations of legislation and book reports
- Current research in electronic evidence and electronic signatures
- Draft Convention on Digital Evidence
Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review
Access Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review Volume 1: 2004 to Volume 13: 2016 from SAS Open Journals
You do not need to login to use the journal but may wish to self-register to receive updates and/or login to submit an item.
- Guide for Authors - submission and editorial information
- General Editor and Editorial Board
- A brief history of the journal and Cumulative Index 2004-2013
- IALS Open Access version Proposal Paper (PDF)
- Database of Electronic Signature Legislation
- News and useful web resources in the field: current awareness from DEESLR
- Forthcoming events
- Research data