The IALS Visiting Research Fellowship Programme hosts academics and practitioners to undertake research and to participate in and enrich the research life of the Institute. IALS Visiting Research Fellowships are intended to create close working relationships with scholars and practitioners from other institutions in the UK and overseas who are undertaking work within fields covered by or adjacent to its own research programmes, which are currently in the following areas:
Visiting Fellowship in Law Librarianship
Public Law and Regulation
- Information/Data Law and Policy
- Human Rights
- Labour and Equality Law
- Law and Development
- Law and Language
- Legal History and Legal Theory
- European and Comparative Law
- Interdisciplinary Research on Law, Society and the Humanities
- Law, Legal Profession and Access to Justice
- Legal Education
- Legal Profession
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- International Law
- Private and Commercial Law
IALS Visiting Research Fellowships are non-stipendiary and are designed for those already established in their own fields of activity and are not intended for the support of postgraduate degree work.
- private office or carrel space within the Institute Library
- borrowing rights in the Library
- free computer, telephone, mail and photocopying facilities
- publication opportunities in Amicus Curiae and SAS-Space.
- play a part in the intellectual life of the Institute, through engagement in IALS research activities (seminars, workshops, colloquia, reading groups etc.)
- deliver a research paper as part of the lunchtime and evening seminar series
- stay for a period no less than three months
Applications and Selection Procedure for IALS Visiting Fellowships
Applications are accepted annually by 31st January. The application form should be sent to Eliza Boudier at email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed by the Institute's Research Committee, which meets annually in March. Applicants will be informed shortly afterwards as to whether their applications has been successful.