Sir William Dale Centre is located on floor L1

MA in Taxation (Law, Administration and Practice) - Fees & Funding

Picture of IALS front of building

Fees for 2013-2014

  Full-time Part-time
Home and EU students £9,975 £4,987.50
Overseas students £12,500 Not applicable




Living Expenses

The cost of living in London is high. For each calendar year, a single student should allow for a minimum of £13,000 to cover day to day costs including transport, accommodation and additional expenses such as books and thesis presentation. Married couples should allow for a minimum of £20,000 plus a further £3,000 for each child. In addition £1,500 should be set aside for immediate expenses on arrival in London.

Click here for information about accommodation.


School of Advanced Study, University of London

The School's general postgraduate funding leaflet 2012-13 provides an overview of Institute, School and external funding sources for its Master's and research degree programmes.

Awards for Postgraduate Study at Commonwealth Universities:

Picture of IALS Director Avrom Sherr

Available from the Association of Commonwealth Universities, John Foster House, 36 Gordon Square, London WC1 0PF.

Study Abroad:

Available from UNESCO, 7 Place de Fontroy, 75700, Paris, France.

Sources of Funding for International Students

The best website to visit is

The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)

The ACU administers the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan which enables graduates from any Commonwealth country to study at postgraduate level in another. Details may be obtained from the Commonwealth Scholarship agency in the country in which the candidate permanently resides. Addresses of ACU agencies are listed in the Scholarships Guide for Commonwealth Postgraduate Students.

Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan (CSFP) See

The British Council

British Council Scholarships are tenable at a UK university, normally for not more than one year. Candidates should hold a good first degree. Details are available from the British Council representative in the candidate's own country.

Government Scholarships

Picture of students attending lecture  in IALS Lecture Theatre

There are several schemes of support provided by various ministries of the British Government for overseas graduate students. All these schemes are administered through the British Council or through your own Ministry of Education. Your first enquiries should therefore be addressed to your local office of the British Council, your local British High Commission or Embassy, and also your own Ministry of Education or Education Department.

Fulbright Scholarships

These awards are available to United States citizens for graduate work. Advertisements can normally be seen on American campuses and details are usually available from Study Abroad offices.