This LLM, which can be taken as a full-time or part-time course, over a period of from one to six years enabling fees to be spread, includes a choice of six modules and a final dissertation of 15,000 words.
Core modules 2017-18
- Introduction to Law*
- Legal Translation Theory
- Legal Translation Practice
- Themes in Legal Translation
- Research Methods Training for LLMs
- Legal Drafting I
- Legal Drafting II
- Comparative Legislative Studies I
- Comparative Legislative Studies II
15,000 words, topic identified by student, to be agreed with supervisor
Availability of elective modules may vary from year to year.
* Compulsory for those without a legal background/training
** One elective module must be taken by those with a non-legal background. Two elective modules are taken by those with a legal background (that is, who do not need to take the “Introduction to Law” module).