The next socio-legal research training day
Topic and date to be arranged
A series of Socio-legal research training days is organised collaboratively by the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS), the Socio-Legal Studies Association and the British Library. The one-day events offer insights and shared experience in research methods and sources relevant to particular socio-legal topics, with presentation materials, discussion on best practice and networking opportunities at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies. Selected recordings from the events and pre-prints of articles developed from the presentations are available below.
Comments from delegates
Comments listed below are from former delegates who participated in past socio-legal Training Days at IALS
Socio-Legal Sources and Methods in Family and Social Welfare Law - 18 May 2018
What went well?
- Wide variety of topics covered, yet still fitted the general social welfare and family theme.
- Interesting talks – all to time!
- Well organised.
- Presentations were excellent. Really liked the insight into how research was prepared, handled, Plan B etc.
- All of it.
- All good.
- I found the training very interesting and important as well.
- Plenty of time for questions, good opportunities to discuss informally during the lunch break and tea breaks.
- The library talks were helpful and informative.
Topics for future training days?
- Would be interested in joint workshop on parenting with sociologists.
- Children’s rights and family environment.
- Immigration issues.
- Researching into particular institutions such as courts / parliament.
- Really enjoyed today – thank you!
- Thoroughly interesting day – thank you!
- Great event!
4 “Excellent” ratings and 4 “Good” ratings and no “Average” or “Poor” ratings
- Legal Biography
- Law, Gender and Sexuality: sources and methods in socio-legal research
- Sources and Methods in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Socio-Legal Sources and Methods in Family and Social Welfare Law
- Socio-Legal Sources and Methods in International Law
Further details, fee information and the link to the online booking and payment forms are available from the Events listing on the IALS website or contact email@example.com