Library Management System and catalogue: Essential maintenance
A major project is in progress to introduce a new generation library discovery catalogue and management system for the School of Advanced Study's libraries, including IALS Library, and Senate House Library. As part of that important project we need to undertake some more essential maintenance for most of the day on Tuesday 16th August 2016. The system will be taken offline after 2300 on Monday night and will be back up and running on Wednesday morning 17th August 2016 or earlier if possible.
IALS Library will be open as usual from 9:00am to 8:00pm on Tuesday 16th August 2016.
- It will be possible for readers with borrowing cards to return, renew and borrow books when the Library Issue & Enquiry desk is open (9:00am to 7:45pm).
- There will be limited access from Library PCs to some e-resources onsite in the Library.
Some services will be unavailable overnight and during the day of Tuesday 16th August 2016
During this time the library system and catalogue at ials.sas.ac.uk/catalogue.htm and catalogue.libraries.lon.ac.uk will be unavailable. This means you will not be able to:
- Renew loans online or by phone
- Place bookings on Short Loan items
- Search the catalogue or reserve items on loan to other readers
- Access e-resources (e-journals and databases) authenticated via the catalogue
The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies website, Study Online VLE, SAS-Space E-repository will remain available during this time. General information about our Library holdings will continue to be available during the upgrade on COPAC and the Search25 Library Resources.
We aim to have all online services, including access to e-journals and databases, back up and running by 9:00am, Wednesday 17th August 2016 or earlier if possible.
This is the final phase in a number of critical steps to move us from the existing system to Sierra & Encore Duet.
We apologise for this disruption, and for any inconvenience this may cause. We will post details of further, unavoidable, service disruptions throughout the course of the project and will be working to keep these to a minimum.