Terms of Reference & Membership 2019-20
Meets twice a year in May and November.
Terms of Reference
The Research Degree Committee has responsibility for:
- The implementation of the University and School regulations in regard to monitoring and quality assurance of programmes for the degrees of MPhil and PhD organised by the Institute.
- Keeping under review the list of areas of research available in the Institute for the degrees of MPhil and PhD.
- Admission of Students in accordance with the procedures determined by the School.
- Implementation of the School’s code of practice in regard to the responsibilities of Students and supervisors, administrative procedures, and grievance and complaints procedures.
- Monitoring student progress.
- Approval of transfer from MPhil to PhD or from PhD to MPhil.
- Arrangements for supervision, and monitoring and review of such arrangements.
Professor Carl Stychin (Institute Director, Chair)
Dr Colin King (Director of Postgraduate Research Students, Institutes of Advanced Legal Studies)
Dr Constantin Stefanou (Director of Taught Programmes, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies)
Dr Nóra Ní Loideáin (Lecturer in Law, Director of Information Law and Policy Centre)
Professor Avrom Sherr (Emeritus Professor, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies)
Dr Mahmood Bagheri (Lecturer in Law)
Professor Mads Andenas (Senior Research Fellow in Company and Commercial Law)
Professor Kern Alexander (Senior Research Fellow in International Financial Regulation)
David Gee (Librarian, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
Alex Bussey (Institute Manager)
Professor Richard Ashcroft (City, University of London)
Professor Eva Pils (Kings College London)
Benedict Turner (IALS research student)
Ivan Leonidov (SAS Programmes Coordinator, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies)