Meets twice a year in June and October
Terms of Reference
Has responsibility for:
- The implementation of the University and School regulations in regard to monitoring and quality assurance of programmes for the degrees of MPhil and PhD organised by the Institute.
- Keeping under review the list of areas of research available in the Institute for the degrees of MPhil and PhD.
- Admission of Students in accordance with the procedures determined by the School.
- Implementation of the School’s code of practice in regard to the responsibilities of Students and supervisors, administrative procedures, and grievance and complaints procedures.
- Monitoring student progress.
- Approval of transfer from MPhil to PhD or from PhD to MPhil.
- Arrangements for supervision, and monitoring and review of such arrangements.
Professor Carl Stychin (Institute Director, Chair)
Dr Constantin Stefanou (Senior Lecturer in Law)
Dr Nóra Ní Loideáin (Lecturer in Law)
Dr Mahmood Bagheri (Lecturer in Law)
Professor Mads Andenas (Senior Fellow)
Professor Kern Alexander (Senior Fellow)~
Dr Eva Pils (King's College, London)
Professor Richard Ashcroft (Queen Mary, University of London)
David Gee (Librarian)
Alex Bussey (Institute Manager)
Ivan Leonidov (SAS Programme Coordinator - IALS, Secretary)
Ms Lovinia Otudor (IALS Research Student)
Ms Maayan Niezna (IALS Research Student)