Legislative Drafting; Legislative Drafting and the Policy Process; Post Legislative Scrutiny, Legislative Process, Legislative Studies, Law and Politics, EU Politics & Law; EU Criminal Law; EU Enlargement.
Over the last 20 years I have had 23 projects (exceeding £3 mil). In addition to the LLM in Drafting Legislation, Regulation and Policy and our annual Professional Legislative Drafting Course I have designed specialised Legislative Drafting and Legislative Scrutiny courses for many countries and organizations. As the Director of the Sir William Dale Centre I lead all the activities of the Centre including the Law Reform Project, our joint programmes with UN Habitat and the Westminster Foundation for Democracy, the Law & Language series of annual Conferences and the Legislative Drafting Clinic.
- IALS-WFD Post Legislative Scrutiny Course (2021)
- Introductory Level Law-Making in Parliaments Online Course for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region (2020-2021)
- Myanmar Introductory Level Law-Making in Parliaments Online Course (2020)
- Stefanou C. et al (2020) Regulation Impact Assessment Manual, Presidency of the Government General Secretariat for Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, Athens.
- § Stefanou, C. and Xanthaki. H. (2020) “Legislation in the UK” in U. Karpen and H. Xanthaki (eds) Legislation in Europe A country by country Handbook for Scholars and Practitioners, Hart & Nomos.
- § Stefanou, C. and Xanthaki. H. (2020) “Modern Trends in Drafting and Negotiating Bills” in R. Zbiral (ed) The Cradle of Statutes, Nomos, Baden-Baden.
- Stefanou, C. (2016), “Comparative Legislative Drafting: Comparing Across Legal Systems”, European Journal of Law Reform, 2/2016, pp.123-138.
- Stefanou, C. (2015), “Is Legislative Drafting a Form of Communication?” in H. Xanthaki (ed) Enhancing Legislative Drafting in the Commonwealth: A Wealth of Innovation, Routledge, London and New York, pp. 4-13.
- Constantin Stefanou, Simone White, Helen Xanthaki (2011), OLAF at the Crossroads: Action against EU Fraud, Bloomsbury Professional
- Stefanou, C. (2011), "Legislative Drafting as a form of Communication" in L. Mader and M. Travares-Almeida (eds), Quality of Legislation Principles and Instruments, Nomos, Baden-Baden, pp. 308-320.
- Stefanou, C. (2011), "Is Legislative Drafting a Form of Communication?", Commonwealth Law Bulletin, Vol.37, No.3, pp.407-416
For a comprehensive list of all publications, please see Dr Stefanou's entry in the School of Advanced Study Directory of Experts
Latest Publications in SAS-Space for Constantin
- Winterton, Jules and Sherr, Avrom and Stefanou, Constantin and Editorial Board, ISLRev (2013) Welcome to the IALS Student Law Review. IALS Student Law Review, 1 (1).
- Stefanou, Constantin and Xanthaki, Helen (1999) The Principle of the Effective Protection of the Individual in EC Law and the Dialectic of European Integration Theory.