Banking Law; Regulation of Financial Markets; EU Financial Law; Security regulations; International Finance Law; Company Law
Francesco has a lectureship in financial law at Brunel University London and he is an associate research fellow at IALS. He previously worked at the Law Faculty of the University of Zurich at the chair for Banking and Finance Law held by Professor Kern Alexander. He is, among others, author of the book Credit Ratings and Market Over-reliance: An International Legal Analysis (Brill-Nijhoff, 2017) http://www.brill.com/products/book/credit-ratings-and-market-over-reliance
- Credit Ratings and Market Over-reliance: An International Legal Analysis (Brill-Nijhoff, 2017)
- Reducing Regulatory Reliance on Credit Ratings to Address Investors' Over-reliance: Some Thoughts in Light of the US Experience, 11 Capital Markets Law Journal 3 (2016).
- Investors’ and Market Participants’ Over-reliance on External Credit Ratings: To What Extent Does EU Law Carry This Risk? 27 European Business Law Review 3 (2016).
- Financial Crime Prevention and Control: The path of a ‘Unique’ Jurisdiction Under EU Law and International Standards, European Journal of Law Reform 4 (2015).
- Civil Liability of Credit Rating Agencies from a European Perspective: Development and Contents of Article 35(a) of Regulation (EU) No 462/2013, Special Issue of International and Comparative Corporate Law Journal, on Civil Liability of Credit Rating Agencies in the European Union - Selected Legal and Economic Aspects, edited by Gudula Deipenbrock and Mads Andenas (2015), Vol. 11, Issue 2, p. 42-70.
- Free Movement and the Right of Establishment of EU Lawyers: The Special Case of Italian ‘Abogados’ (2014) King’s Law Journal, Vol. 25, Issue 3, p. 340-48.
- Shifting from Financial Jargon to Plain Language: Advantages and Problems in the European Retail Financial Market (2014) European Journal of Law Reform, Special Issue on ‘Law and Language’ edited by Giulia Pennisi, Vol.16, Issue 3, p. 553-71.
- Reducing Over-reliance on Credit Ratings: Failing Strategies and the Need to Start from Scratch (2012), Amicus Curiae, Vol. 2, Issue 91, p. 17-21.