Senior Associate Research Fellowships and Associate Research Fellowships are awarded to individuals who can demonstrate an active commitment to furthering the Institute’s agenda of research promotion and facilitation (RPF), legal education, advancing innovation, and bridging research between the academy, the profession, judiciary, civil service and industry.
Fellowships are awarded annually by the IALS Research Committee through an open competition and are non-stipendiary. They are awarded on the basis of an application which proposes a substantial contribution to the academic activities of the Institute.
A substantial contribution is understood as consisting of the following:
- Organisation of a conference, seminar, public engagement activity, or other significant event (subject to the approval of the Institute’s Management Committee)
- Postgraduate teaching, research supervision or training (which would normally be expected to be combined with some other contribution)
- Participation in the management of the Institute through, for example, committee membership, fundraising, or editorial work which supports the Institute
- Management of an organisation in which the Institute has a strategic interest in cooperation
- Collaboration on a project likely to result in income for the Institute
When assessing applications, the Research Committee will take into account the extent to which proposed activities are aligned with the Institute’s Strategic Plan (available on the website).
Applicants are encouraged to discuss any proposals with the Director before submitting their applications.
Fellows benefit from access to the library and other facilities of IALS equivalent to those enjoyed by members of staff. Fellowships are renewable each year, renewal being dependent upon a written case in which the previous year’s contribution is satisfactorily evidenced, and in which plans for the upcoming year are suitably outlined.
Applications are considered by the IALS Research Committee in September.
CV and research proposal should be sent by 31st August to Eliza Boudier email@example.com