Professor Paola Chirulli (Sapienza University of Rome, IALS Visiting Fellow)
Thursday 03 December 2015
School of Advanced Study, University of London
Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
Specialized Adjudication in EU Administrative Law. The Boards of Appeal of EU Agencies
Professor Paola Chirulli
(Sapienza University of Rome; IALS Visiting Fellow)
This seminar will address the following:
1. The origins, nature and role of EU Boards of Appeals.
2. Analogies with the system of Tribunals operating in the UK, with which they show important similarities, and with their US counterparts.
3. The specialised nature of the adjudicative activities performed by EU Boards of Appeals, the power and intensity of review, the role of the claimant and the grounds for review.
4. The search to find a balance between a technical/scientific and a legal rationality.
5. The peculiarity of Boards of Appeals due to the position of Agencies within the EU legal order.
We embed our videos using YouTube. Please see our cookies policy for more information.