Extent and form : 4 framed portraits, 2 albums, 1 box
Access : open
These photographs and negatives, plus some related correspondence, were passed to the Archives by the Institute Librarian in 1999. The subject matter of all material has been identified, but it has not always been possible to establish dates, provenance and copyright. Copyright is stated where known.
Numbering system: where there are two or more prints of the same photograph, the items have been numbered a, b, c etc. Where there are different versions of a similar subject, the items have been numbered 1,2, 3 etc.
|Reference||Dates||Scope and contents|
|IALS/12/01||n.d.||Framed black and white photograph of a portrait of Sir David Hughes-Parry, Director 1947-1959.|
Framed black and white photograph of the Rt Hon Lord du Parcq, member of the Committee of Management, 1948-49. Taken while a Lord Justice of Appeal. With name plate. [Note: frame is loose]Copyright: Walter Stoneman, London
Undated colour photograph (2 copies) of portrait of Sir Norman Anderson, Director 1960-1976. With negatives. Originally filed inside the cover of the album at IALS 12/10.
|IALS/12/04||n.d.||Colour photograph of Sir Norman Anderson|
K Howard Drake, Secretary and Librarian 1947-1967: studio photograph (2 copies, one with soft frame), with negatives and covering letter. Removed from IALS 3/13Copyright: Studio Jeunesse Ltd, London
|IALS/12/06a-b||n.d.||K Howard Drake: undated photo (two copies) of a snapshot taken with Dr William B Slim, Foreign Law Librarian, Los Angeles County hall Library (2 copies). Removed from IALS 3/13|
|IALS/12/07/01-02||c.1960s||Two photographs of the interior of the IALS Library. Removed from IALS 4/7|
Two photographs entitled “University of London redevelopment: Law Institute, DM 249/2”Copyright: Donald Mill
Photograph of IALS building taken from Bedford WayCopyright: Frank Dabba Smith, Northwood, Middx
Two photographs of the Institute taken from Russell Square. One marked “W Blumenthal, U of Denver[?], College of Law, March 1985”Copyright: W Blumenthal
Album entitled “Official opening of Charles Clore House Thursday 1 April 1976 by H M Queen Elizabeth, Chancellor of the University of London”. With captions.Copyright: Paul Fox
|IALS/12/12||1989||Correspondence relating to acquisition of items IALS 12/7-10. Originally filed inside the cover of the album at IALS 12/10|
|IALS/12/13/01-05||1976||Photographs of H M the Queen Mother at the opening of Charles Clore House, 1st Apr 1976. Removed from IALS 1/6|
Folder of photographs, with covering letter and handwritten list of some of the contents, of the 40th anniversary visit to the Institute of the Chancellor, HRH the Princess Anne, on 23 Oct 1986. Passed to the Institute by Hugh Patterson.Copyright: Sky Photographic Services, London
|IALS/12/15||1986||Glass slides of the above|
|IALS/12/16||1980||Album of photographs of the 9th International Congress of FIDE (International Federation for European Law), 25th-27th Sept 1980). J A Boxhall and Sir Jack Jacobs were members|
Photograph album containing a typescript history of IALS at 25/26 Russell Square and 23 photographs if interior and exterior of the building. Photographs taken by David K Gough, prior to the move to Charles Clore House.Inc 2 loose photographs and captions. Copyright David K Gough
|IALS/12/18||1971||Construction site for [Charles Clore House and Institute of Education?]|
|IALS/12/19||[1940s?]||Framed black and white photograph of Professor HF Jolowicz, Chairman of the Library Sub-Committee, 1947-1954|
|IALS/12/20||[1950s?]||Framed black and white photograph of Professor FH Lawson, Chairman of the Library Sub-Committee, 1954-1972|
|IALS/12/21||[1950s?]||Framed black and white photograph of Sir Otto Kahn-Freund, Chairman of the Library Sub-Committee, 1972-1978|
Photograph: Plaque on wall of 25/26 Russell Square stating that IALS has moved to 17 Russell Square.Handwritten note on original envelope indicates “This was to be endplate to 25/28/28 album”.
Envelope containing 27 photographs: “17 Russell Sq inside and out”.Inc photographs of exterior, and interior inc library, library office, staff room.
Envelope containing black and white photographs of the Reading Rooms in 25 Russell Square.Copyright: Heals Contracts Ltd