LERN is not currently awarding research grants but we shall update LERN members when we are, via our regular newsletter. To sign up for the newsletter please go to our page on LERN membership.
The projects funded in 2016-17 were as follows:
- Jane Williams, Swansea University; ’Public Legal Education for Children and Young People in Wales’
- Emma Jones, The Open University, 'Admission Tutors’ Perceptions of the Purposes of the LLB’
- Margaret Downie, Robert Gordon University, ‘Improving the Transition from Further to Higher Education’.
Funding for the grants come from three sources. These are the SLS, ALT and the Law Publishers Association. Our aim is to seek other sources of funding and to generally develop this area of our work.
Applications for LERN grants will re-open in 2019. An announcement will be circulated to LERN members in due course.
Former LERN Grant-holders
In 2015-16, we funded:
- Helen James, David Chalk (University of Winchester) ‘Find out About Student Use of and Attitudes Towards LawTrove’
- Ambreena Manji, John Harrington (University of Cardiff) ‘Mobility and Modernity: Biographical Studies in African and British Legal Education’
- Lisa Collingwood (Kingston University) ‘PhDs in Law 1990-2015’
- Alysia Blackham (University of Cambridge), Shelda Debowski (University of Western Australia) ‘Precarious Academic Work in Legal Education’
In 2014-15, we funded:
In 2013-14, we funded:
Some helpful sources for researchers