This online journal platform provides comprehensive electronic access to thirteen full text South African law journals.
Sabinet Online is available on and offsite to all academic members of IALS library.
- Acta Criminologica: Southern African Journal of Criminology – From 2000 (Vol. 13) to current
- African Yearbook on International Humanitarian Law – From 2015 to current
- Constitutional Court Review – From 2015 (Vol. 7) to current
- Journal for Estate Planning Law – From 2004/5 (Vol. 1) to 2006 (issue 1)
- Journal for Juridical Science – From 2001 (Vol. 26, issue 2) to current
- Journal of Comparative Law in Africa – From 2015 (Vol. 2) to current
- Lesotho Law Journal – From 2013 (Vol. 20) to current
- SADC Law Journal – From 2014/15 (Vol. 4) to current
- South African Journal of Labour Relations – From 2001 (Vol. 25) to current
- South African Law Journal – From 2003 (Vol. 120) to 2015 (Vol. 132)
- South African Yearbook of International Law – From 2004 (Vol. 29) to 2013 (Vol. 38)
- Southern African Public Law – From 2010 (Vol. 25) to current
- Tydskrif vir die Suid-Afrikaanse Reg – From 2003 to 2015.
Basic searching by keyword, phrase, author’s name etc is available either across all subscribed content from the landing page, or across a specific title once you have selected it from the landing page.
Advanced Search allows searching by one or more different fields, e.g. full text, author, article title, abstract. The advanced search option can also be limited by date range. Search results are listed by article title, author(s) and citation.
Unless you check the box ‘search on subscribed titles only’ (next to the search box on the basic search and in ‘filter by resource type’ in advanced search) the database will populate results from non-subscribed titles.
It is also possible to browse contents for individual journals.
Printing, saving and emailing
You can select articles with a tick box to be emailed directly to you from the results page. Clicking the ‘more’ option below each result gives you slightly more information regarding the article, and will also give you the option of downloading the article. A longer abstract is provided if you click on the article title, which still has the options to either email or download the article.
A comprehensive help file covering all aspects of searching, browsing, saving, content and troubleshooting is available at all times from the black bar at the top of the screen.