SCC Online is a database of Indian cases and legislation, bills, bilateral treaties and other Indian material, together with cases from other Asian jurisdictions, Africa and elsewhere.
SCC Online can be accessed on-site and remotely by all academic members of IALS Library.
SCC Online is available to one user at a time. If someone else is already logged in, please try again later.
- Select SCC Online from IALS Electronic Law Library (databases page);
- click on Remote access
- ID: your family name
- password: the barcode number from your IALS Library card
- On the SCC Online homepage, click LOGIN, then select IP Login. Your login ID at this point is your academic email address (there is no password).
If you have not used our SCC Online subscription before, you need to register your academic email address with SCC Online by clicking on Register here (circled in green on SCC screenshot, above).
Indian cases (C19th to the present day)
- Supreme Court of India; the Indian High Courts; specialised commissions and tribunals; the Privy Council; the Federal Court of India and other historical courts.
- Cases from other Asian jurisdictions, numerous African jurisdictions, and elsewhere (details under Foreign Materials on the Data Coverage page).
- Central (Federal) Statutes; rules and regulations; circulars, notifications and instructions; bills from the Parliament of India.
- Debates of the Constituent Assembly (which drafted the Constitution of India);
articles from about twenty journals, including one from Bangladesh and two from Singapore;
- Bilateral treaties involving India;
- Reports of the Law Commission of India and various Indian official committees;
For further details, see the Data Coverage page at http://www.scconline.com/.
Word Search searches the full text of all documents from all jurisdictions. The other search options, such as Find By Citation, only apply to the Indian content.
Indian content can be browsed by topic or by type of publication.
Printing, Saving and Emailing
You can print, save or email a document using the grey icons on the toolbar (you may have to allow pop-ups).
For help, click on the question mark at the top of the screen.