Resumption of service during COVID-19 pandemic
IALS Library is now offering its Document Delivery Service in a limited way to subscribers.
1. Email all your document delivery requests to us.
As a subscriber you should email our dedicated IALS Document Delivery Service at firstname.lastname@example.org to place all your document delivery requests. This service will be staffed from 9.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Any emails received outside of these times will need to wait for a reply until the service re-opens. Due to a technical issue at this time it is not possible to telephone the service.
2. Documents supplied to you either on the same day or the next working day.
- For requests received in the morning between 9.30am and 1.00pm, we aim to deliver requested documents to you on the same day.
- For requests received in the afternoon between 1.00pm and 5.00pm, we aim to deliver requested documents to you on the next working day.
Depending on demand, we may well be able to deliver the requested documents to you more quickly but there is no guarantee. The “within one hour” Express Service is not possible at this time.
The Standard Service transaction price is £26.80 + VAT per item and the discounted price for judicial proceedings use or non-commercial use for Standard Service transactions remains unchanged at £19.62 + VAT per item.
An institutional subscription scheme is available to:
- law firms
- sets of barristers' chambers
- legal departments of commercial organisations
- government departments
- other institutional users
When we are able to fully re-open
Subscribers who have taken out an annual subscription gain access to:
- 1-hour document delivery service
- Personal access to one of the largest legal research libraries in Europe
- Access to world-class print collections of foreign and international legal material
- Professional and expert reference staff
- Award-winning customer service
- Competitive, all-inclusive pricing
Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
How to join
New customers - 6-month free trial
IALS invites you to take up an exciting Special Offer available to new institutional subscribers. 6 months’ free membership to IALS Library Legal Information Services which includes personal access for your staff and access to our award-winning Document Supply Service. At the end of the 6 months you will have the opportunity, with no obligation, to apply for a further 12 months’ membership at a discount to normal rates.
Please click here for further information about this offer.
If you have been a member of the Document Supply Service in the past, or if you are a current member and would like to renew your membership, please complete a membership renewal form. These are available here.
How to place an order
To place an order, email a general order form, or details of your request. Please include:
- A citation or details of the item required
- The recipient’s email address (if different from your own)
- Whether you require the item as Standard (delivered the same working day if ordered before 12pm, next working day if ordered after 12pm) or Express (delivered within the hour)
- A reference number (if required) for your invoice
- If the item is required for judicial proceedings or non-commercial purposes, please complete and attach a declaration form (available to download here).
Please note that due to licensing agreements we cannot supply or permit access to most subscription electronic resources and databases.
Subscription rates vary depending on the size and location of the firm. A breakdown of subscription rates is available here. New members can apply for a 6-month free trial.
Service fees (per item)
Standardsame working day if ordered before 12pm, next working day if ordered after 12pm
One item =
A single law report
A single journal article
20 pages from a book
A single piece of legislation
|Judicial proceedings/ Non-commercial purposes*||£19.62+VAT||£39.24+VAT|
Some law reports, journal articles or pages from books may cost more due to high copyright fees, and we may be unable to provide some due to copyright exclusions, staff will advise. See Copyright for more information about high fee and excluded items.
It is at the discretion of the Library to determine the charge for any material not included in the above list. The Library reserves the right to charge higher prices for certain items where necessary to reasonably cover costs.
We can email PDF copies to customers who
- Have a CLA Law Licence
- Have a CLA Multinational Law Licence
- Have submitted a judicial proceedings or non-commercial purposes form (available to download here).
If you do not have a CLA Law Licence or CLA Multinational Law Licence and have not submitted a copyright declaration form, we can offer the following delivery options:
- Fax (Express or Standard)
- Post (Standard only)
- Courier (Express or Standard, London only)
- Collect at IALS (Express or Standard)
There are no extra costs for these alternative delivery options.
See Copyright for more information about delivery options and CLA licences.
How to pay
Transaction charges are billed at the beginning of the following month and invoices will be emailed to customers. We include a transaction summary with the invoice showing details of each order. Please indicate whether you would like us to add your own reference or client number to the invoice when you make an order.
The Service is very pleased to have been honoured by a Customer Initiative Award from the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians.