Following the most recent advice from the Government, the decision has been made by the University of London to close the Institute of Advanced Studies Library from 5:00pm on Thursday 19 March 2020 until further notice. We regret to say that this also means that the IALS Document Supply Service will be closed from 5:00pm on Thursday 19 March 2020 until further notice too.
If IALS Document Supply Service members have any queries, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use the Document Supply Service phone number and leave voicemails as this service will not be monitored whilst we are closed.
Alternatively you may email our general IALS Library email address: email@example.com.
We are very sorry that we have had to temporarily close the service and hope very much to re-open as soon as possible. We will let all subscribers know when we re-open.
An institutional subscription scheme is available to:
- law firms
- sets of barristers' chambers
- legal departments of commercial organisations,
- government departments
- other institutional users.
Subscribers who have taken out an annual subscription gain access to:
- 1-hour document delivery service
- Personal access to one of the largest legal research libraries in Europe
- Access to world-class print collections of foreign and international legal material
- Professional and expert reference staff
- Award-winning customer service
- Competitive, all-inclusive pricing
Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
How to join
New customers - 6-month free trial
IALS invites you to take up an exciting Special Offer available to new institutional subscribers. 6 months’ free membership to IALS Library Legal Information Services which includes personal access for your staff and access to our award-winning Document Supply Service. At the end of the 6 months you will have the opportunity, with no obligation, to apply for a further 12 months’ membership at a discount to normal rates.
Please click here for further information about this offer.
If you have been a member of the Document Supply Service in the past, or if you are a current member and would like to renew your membership, please complete a membership renewal form. These are available here.
How to place an order
To place an order, email a general order form, or details of your request. Please include:
- A citation or details of the item required
- The recipient’s email address (if different from your own)
- Whether you require the item as Standard (delivered the same working day if ordered before 12pm, next working day if ordered after 12pm) or Express (delivered within the hour)
- A reference number (if required) for your invoice
- If the item is required for judicial proceedings or non-commercial purposes, please complete and attach a declaration form (available to download here).
Please note that due to licensing agreements we cannot supply or permit access to most subscription electronic resources and databases.
Subscription rates vary depending on the size and location of the firm. A breakdown of subscription rates is available here. New members can apply for a 6-month free trial.
Service fees (per item)
Standardsame working day if ordered before 12pm, next working day if ordered after 12pm
One item =
A single law report
A single journal article
20 pages from a book
A single piece of legislation
|Judicial proceedings/ Non-commercial purposes (10% discount)*||£19.62+VAT||£39.24+VAT|
Some law reports, journal articles or pages from books may cost more due to high copyright fees, and we may be unable to provide some due to copyright exclusions, staff will advise. See Copyright for more information about high fee and excluded items.
It is at the discretion of the Library to determine the charge for any material not included in the above list. The Library reserves the right to charge higher prices for certain items where necessary to reasonably cover costs.
We can email PDF copies to customers who
- Have a CLA Law License
- Have a CLA Multinational Law License
- Have submitted a judicial proceedings or non-commercial purposes form (available to download here).
If you do not have a CLA Law License or CLA Multinational Law License and have not submitted a copyright declaration form, we can offer the following delivery options:
- Fax (Express or Standard)
- Post (Standard only)
- Courier (Express or Standard, London only)
- Collect at IALS (Express or Standard)
There are no extra costs for these alternative delivery options.
See Copyright for more information about delivery options and CLA Licenses.
How to pay
Transaction charges are billed at the beginning of the following month and invoices will be emailed to customers. We include a transaction summary with the invoice showing details of each order. Please indicate whether you would like us to add your own reference or client number to the invoice when you make an order.
The Service is very pleased to have been honoured by a Customer Initiative Award from the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians.