Research Skills and Information Literacy Training for Legal Practitioners
IALS Library staff have a range of expertise and experience in providing legal research and information skills training. In addition to our programme of sessions for academic users, we are able to offer customised training sessions (such as full or half day events) to groups of legal practitioners by fee-based arrangement.
Session aims and opportunities
- Explore legal materials on the Web
- Consider issues of quality and relevance
- Review examples of legislation, case reports, articles, and finding tools
- Look at resources for different jurisdictions, international law and subject areas of law
- Try exercises and get feedback
Facilities at IALS
- Professor Avrom Sherr - Emeritus Professor and Woolf Professor of Legal education
- Jules Winterton - Director and IALS Librarian
- David Gee - Deputy Librarian and Academic Services Manager, IALS Library
- Lisa Davies - Access Librarian, IALS Library
- Hester Swift - Foreign and International Law Librarian, IALS Library
- Steve Whittle - Information Systems Manager, IALS Library
Please contact: David Gee, IALS Deputy Librarian and Academic Services Manager for further information and prices.